Our Pledge to Donors
The trust and confidence of our donors is exceptionally important to us. It is only thanks to the generosity of our donors that we can continue to make a difference to thousands of children each year, by funding life-changing cleft lip and palate surgery and related treatment.
We value each and every contribution to Smile Train’s UK fundraising efforts.
To each of our benefactors Smile Train UK pledges the following:
- follow all recognised Codes of Fundraising Practice and other guidelines which prescribe best practice fundraising standards for the UK charity sector. We are members of the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) and Fundraising Regulator and we comply with all UK charity laws and regulations;
- ensure the style of our communication with you is considerate and reasonable;
- never sell or share your details to any organisation;
- be transparent in how your money is spent, via updates on this website, in our donor newsletters and in disclosures in our publicly available audited accounts;
- acknowledge and thank you for your donation as a sign of our appreciation (for donations over £5.00);
- respond to any complaints in a timely and respectful fashion should you find our conduct concerning in any way;
- take special care in our contact with donors and potential donors who may be old, infirm or vulnerable. For details of our Socially Responsible Fundraising Policy click here.
On behalf of every Smile Train UK beneficiary, we want to ensure our donors are satisfied with their experience of giving to Smile Train UK and are confident in the processes we follow.
Thank you to all our donors, past, present and future and for your generous support.
Executive Vice Chair, President & Chief Executive Officer, Smile Train